Thursday, May 10, 2012

¡Oî!

I'm very fortunate and thankful to have grown up in the Bay Area, especially in the Silicon Valley. It's so extremely diverse, and I was able to learn about different cultures, foods, and languages while growing up. I have friends of all colors and creeds.

Deciding to move to Northern Idaho for college, where I didn't know a single person, really shaped who I am today. I got to see, yet again, another lifestyle. I met some amazing people. I got the opportunity to live in Ireland for a semester and study. And meet more amazing people. Then I had the chance to travel to a small orphanage in Romania, on a service trip with even more amazing people.

Romania changed my life. Romania finalized my belief that this is what I want to do with my life, this is how I want to live: for others.

Being an Idaho Vandal is a huge part of who I am today. Joe Vandal is our Mascot. I have a mini Joe doll. Joe goes with me wherever I go. The Vandals are the reason I'm taking this path with my life. Serving with Joe is the name of my blog. Joe will be traveling with me wherever I go, and hopefully modeling in some pretty cool pictures!

I'm not sure if I'll be able to access internet wherever I am, but I will update this along my 27 month journey with the Peace Corps as often as I can!

Thanks for following :0)

No comments:

Post a Comment